Friday, September 13, 2013

Hello!


     My name's Katlyn...but you can call me Kat! I am a 15 year old living in the (hot-as-hades) Deep South. I've been riding horses since I was 7....so no, mom and dad, I still do not think it's just a phase! I've grown up riding all around, starting out with Arabians and then moving onto stock horses. But now I'm taking a leap into the dark side of eventing...still looking for the cookies....

Pistol:
    Pistol, a.k.a. Imma Slippin Tardee, is the biggest dork of a horse I've ever met. I feel like he's the perfect combination of Kevin (the bird) and Doug the dog from Up. Seriously. He was born on May 17, 2009, making him 4. My former trainer gave him to me as a gift July 18, 2012. He was an unbroke 3 year old, so we sent him to our local cowboy for a month to get the basics put on him. When he came back, he was absolutely horrible with me. (COMPLETELY my fault though. NOT the trainers.) He had an attitude. (No, not because of pain.) I couldn't get him to walk without him throwing a fit. He was very awkward, just being 14.3 and SCRAWNY and underweight! He is still a hard keeper to this day. Now though, after a couple barn moves and both of us growing incredibly together, We are schooling training level dressage (almost) solidly with the beginnings of first level thrown in there. So follow us in our struggles and adventures to being first time eventers, and let's see where this journey takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment