Saturday, October 5, 2013

New Saddle!

Well the trial period ended on that Passier yesterday, so it looks like I have a new saddle! :) I'm still working out sending it to a fitter to get it adjusted and what not, I would ride in it now as is but like I said in my last post he needs his teeth done. The dentist should be down here Monday, so he'll be back to work soon!

I've been watching lots of first level tests on youtube, I'm getting excited to work him again! I'm hoping that since we have a correctly fitting saddle and his teeth will have been done a lot of our issues will be easy to iron out. He's not in very good shape since he's had so much time off, so I am going to do quite a bit of conditioning before we take another lesson.

Our next show is in November, and all I know is we're doing at least Training 3. I know I'll do another test, but I haven't decided which one. I'll probably do an intro test since I can't get AQHA points at this show. (AQHA only awards points starting at Training 3)

This also means I need to buy all the Dressage fittings since that Courbette was a jumping saddle...cha ching cha ching! Oh well! Hopefully my Courbette will sell soon so I can use that money for the Dressage stuff. Here's a picture of the new saddle!

Can you tell I', excited?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment