Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Monday's lesson

All we did was walk. (not complaining!) We worked on being able to drop the head by command. Not just put the head down, but truly drop it and stretch the neck all the way to the ground. It's a lot harder than it looks!  We eventually nailed it at the halt, but had trouble with it at the walk on a 20 metre circle. I would ask for the stretch and couldn't find the happy medium between my leg and hand ques, so the horse either wanted to halt or trot. I got some stretch, but not quite all the way down!

I am loving my lessons! I am learning so much that I can apply to P-man in our own training rides. Yesterday I started working with him on stretching his head all the way down. I didn't keep my ques even on both sides, so he kept wanting to move off of my leg. Not complaining though, considering how hard we've worked on that! He got it after awhile. We have to work in short increments, or else he gets frustrated. My lesson next Monday is on him, in preparation for our show next weekend. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment