Thursday, April 17, 2014

I'm Back...take 2

Since school is finally winding down for the year I finally have time to start regularly posting again.

Back in March I took Pistol to his first jumper show. We entered the 18" crossrail division which consisted of 2 courses and a flat class. For the first flat class we knocked a rail, so we got third. In the second class we were on the wrong lead the whole time but he jumped fabulously and got first. (We were the only ones that cantered the course) Pistol ended division champion, so super proud of him there!!

Our trainer switched our bit from the hollow eggbutt to a mullen mouth pelham...can you say BRAKES?? I didn't realize how heavy he was and how hard my hands were before in the eggbutt! SO now we are working on staying light and getting more uphill in the pelham.

Our first combined training is scheduled for May 10th!! I don't know yet if I'm doing the Pre-Amoeba CT, Amoeba CT, or the Amoeba 3 phase. I'm a little weary to do the full on 3 phase because I'm not sure P can get fit enough for that in that amount of time. (Quarter horse...slow as molasses when he wants and once his gas is gone it's like pulling teeth to keep him going) So we will see about.

It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I won't have videos until Saturday which is a dressage day, but I will include a video I took a couple of weeks ago with my helmet cam!


No comments:

Post a Comment